The Toy Museum is a memory institution where Lithuanian cultural heritage is collected, researched and popularized for visitors interested in toys, games and childhood topics. We strive to give our visitors the opportunity not only to look around and see the exhibits, but also to touch, explore, play with some of them and get to know the history of Lithuanian toys and games as interactively as possible. The principles of modern museology encourage the inclusion of as diverse age groups as possible in museum exhibitions and educational activities. However, although there are a lot of children visiting here, we are not a childcare facility.
We invite you to co-operate so that we all feel responsible for the safety of visitors and exhibits and a harmonious environment. Parents and their children must stay and explore together because:
- Museum exhibits contain small parts, so children, especially the youngest ones, must be constantly supervised by their parents or accompanying adults;
- The Museum presents EXHIBITS that do not comply with the 21st century EU requirements for manufactured toys. Therefore, you should always take care when exploring the exhibits and giving them to children.
- Museum educators lead tours, educational activities, but do not take over the care of children from parents or adults who come with them. Families or groups of visitors with children explore the Museum's exhibitions and participate in activities together. Adults are not ACCOMPANYING persons, they are visitors who come together with children.
- It is forbidden to throw and break exhibits, run, eat and drink in the exhibition spaces. If your child is thirsty or hungry, we invite you to return to the locker room so that there are no crumbles or spills in the exhibition spaces.
Requirements related to COVID-19:
- All visitors to the Museum must disinfect their hands at the disinfection station installed in the Museum when they arrive and leave. It is recommended that you disinfect or wash your hands regularly throughout the visit;
- Visitors over the age of 6 must wear protective masks covering their nose and mouth;
- Muziejuje vienu metu gali lankytis iki 14 pavienių lankytojų. Muziejus turi teisę riboti lankytojų skaičių, kad būtų užtikrinti saugumo reikalavimai.
- Rekomenduojame iš anksto registruotis apsilankymui muziejuje.